The Adventure Brand offer introductory half/full day courses and overnight camps looking at basic bush craft skills and archery in Creech Woods close to Denmead, Hampshire. Courses can be tailored to you and your groups needs whether it’s a family, school or a group of friends wanting to experience bush craft for their first time.
It takes time when in the outdoor environment so The Adventure Brand take a well structured, but relaxed approach to bush craft with many enjoyable activities that can be covered for all involved and including the very young. You may want to pick from some of the selected activities below or ask The Adventure Brand to select a programme that works well for you and your group. For school groups a programme can be written over a number of weeks covering many aspects of bush craft training and hopefully links to the national curriculum.
- Shelter building with tarps or natural materials
- Fire lighting prep and different methods
- Cooking on the open fire with Damper Bread and fresh produce
- Knife work and saws
- Water purification
Suggestions of some additional child friendly activities
- Tree hugging and identification
- Scavenger hunts
- Making charcoal pencils and pictures
- Shelter building for the very small
- Using a Kelly Kettle and making hot drinks
- Cookie making
- March mellow and stick making
Prices start from £40/75 per person for a half or full day with a minimum of 4 participants required. Discounts for large groups, families and schools can be arranged on request.